Blue Flag Awarde
5 star hotel in Protected Areas
A nature reserve or biological reserve is a protected area of importance for wild life, flora and fauna or geological characteristics for special interest that is protected and managed by man for conservation purposes and to provide research and education opportunities.
The areas protected by the private sector in our country are very important for the conservation of various species of flora and fauna that are threatened by human activities such as deforestation and unregulated urban growth.
Many of these reserves as Espino Blanco Biological Reserve, create conservation projects hand in hand with sustainable tourism development and generates employment opportunities promoting the importance of conservation at a local, national and international level.
This is important to the assessment of the ecological potential of existing species in these areas and see the environmental impact weight for protection as well as to publicize characteristics that replace those that have been absorbed by bad practices such as illegal logging.
• To keep the forest and an adequate level of protection on it.
• Encourage and take advantage in a sustainable way the use of biodiversity.
• Encourage community participation in the protection of natural resources in general.
• To prevent soil erosion with forest regeneration.
• To promote tourism development of the canton in harmony with nature.